Learn English with the selection of free online learning materials from the British Council
- Learn English with activities for adultsYou can learn English online with the British Council’s free website for adult learners. The site contains hundreds of pages of audio, text and video content and over 2,000 interactive exercises. You can become a member and contribute to the site, interact with other users and download free resources.Take a look at the LearnEnglish website
- Business EnglishDo you already speak English but would like to improve your business English? Do you wonder if your business English is up to standard? Would you like to apply for international jobs where English is the language of work? We have the right resources to help you improve your business English.Take a look at the LearnEnglish website: Business & Work section
- Learn English for teensThe LearnEnglish Teens website is designed especially for 13-to-17-year-olds. On the site they can find language practice, tips for exams and help with grammar and vocabulary, as well as fun activities, videos, games and puzzles.Click here for content tor teens
- Learn English for kidsLearnEnglish Kids is a fun, educational website for children aged 5–12 years who are learning English. There are online vocabulary and grammar games, songs, stories, videos and a range of activities which focus on developing literacy skills. LearnEnglish Kids is also for parents with hundreds of free printable resources and a support section for who want to help their children learn English outside of the classroom.LearnEnglish Kids website
- Learn English with footballIf you are learning English and are interested in football, Premier Skills English can help you improve your English while you learn about the Premier League clubs and players. You can also find out about the matches and the Premier League rules and play games and do quizzes.Premier Skills English website
- Learn English on the go with British Council’s AppsThe British Council offers you a variety of English learning apps available for your smartphone, whether it is an iPhone, an Android or a Windows one. You can learn English through games, podcasts, videos and quizzes. These apps are effective in improving your English skills in grammar, vocabulary and exam preparation.Download them from here
Aptis the new English assessment tool for companies from the British Council
Use it to improve your recruitment, development and training processes
Do your employees use English at work? Do you know how good the level of their English is?
If you want to know it, you’ll like our new English Assessment tool Aptis. Aptis is designed to help you asses the English knowledge in your company. It tests all four language skills: writing, speaking, listening and reading. You can choose the skills you want to test and customise it to your exact needs. It will help you:
- select the best candidate in the recruitment
- develop the learning and development needs in English
- save time and money with courses in English
Aptis can be taken on the computer or pen and paper and can take place in your organisation. Results are in line with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/cefr/) and can be available a couple of days after the test have been taken.
Aptis has been developed by the British Council, an organisation with more than 70 years’ experience in English assessment. The British Council is a global leader in English testing, so you can be sure choosing Aptis is the right decision for your organisation’s English development needs. Also more than 25.000 candidates have taken exams with us here in Slovenia.
Click on the link here (http://www.britishcouncil.si/izpit/aptis) to take the demo test to get first-hand experience how the exam looks like. Contact us (email@example.com), if you want more information or book an exam session.